Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ceiling or Viking Ship Hull?


Last weekend Brandon and I got the majority of the upstairs ceiling boards installed.  As you can see, it was extra challenging because we were working around the now exposed beams.  Each board had to be snaked into place, before we each took an end so we could fit the tongue and grove together.   Each board that went up required that we move our ladders, step up, make a measurement, step down, cut the board, slide it in place, step up, install over our heads, and tack into place.  Every once in a while one of us would give thanks that we didn't buy a bigger house!  


I like the way the beams cast shadows on the sloped ceiling.  


To bridge the gap at the peak, we nailed up a four inch wide board, which will match the window trim.  I doubt we will view the ceiling from this perspective very often, since it requires a ladder, but I like the way it looks with all those lines running to the chimney in the center of the room.  


Does it look like an upside down boat to you?  It does to me.  I can imagine vikings with oars sitting on our ceiling.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...