Sunday, March 17, 2013

I Need a Hitching Post



Saturday was a work day at the new house, but it was also a day for company, one of which arrived on horseback!  A friend of mine who lives in the area rode his horse over for a visit and a tour of the new place. 


With a deep warning bark, Puck alerted us to a lone rider approaching over the horizon (I also got a text saying he was on his way, but that's not as cool).   


This is the first time anyone has ever come to visit us by riding a horse, and if this is going to be a reoccurring thing I really need to get a hitching post in the front yard.  The horse was tied up (hitched?) by the barn in the back while we toured inside the house.  It's nice to have a barn to tie a horse to.  I think I'm really going to like living in a place where hitching posts are a real thing!


The big job of the day was to remove all the drywall and insulation that was covering the floors after Brandon removed ceilings that had water damage. 


Is this a Star Wars character?  No, just Brandon in his safety gear. 


While Brandon was busy working, I spent a lot of time wondering the property and inspecting the trees, the pastures, the miscellaneous junk piles.  We had visits from family too, which meant that I got to explore with my nephew.   We found snails, preying mantis cases, black berry vines, and lots of sticks.  We also found out the driveway is great place to race, and we have plans to try kite flying.


3 comments:

DrMPWinslow said...

I helped make that mess on the floors! Fun fun.

rain said...

You did a great job! It was a very professional looking mess, too. I couldn't believe how much damage you guys were able to do with a couple of hammers.

Jamie said...

A texting cowboy?! Mr. Wayne just rolled in his grave lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...