Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rooster on the Corn Crib

Brandon hung a painting on the wall of the corn crib.  It's a painting made by a past student at the university where he works, and appears to be an abstraction of a rooster.  It was abandoned, but we've adopted it.  Barns throughout Kentucky have large paintings of quilt patterns.  I've always wanted a barn with a barn quilt, and now I have a corn crib with a painting, which is pretty close.  I have plans to build the chicken coop onto the corn crib, so a rooster seems an appropriate choice.  Do you think the neighbors will like it too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I think the artist really captured the essence of some of the roosters I have known.

-Tamara

rain said...

I think you're right. I think I know the essence you're talking about, too. I hope my little rooster is light on it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...