Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cute Chick

 
 
I've been very sympathetic to Dr. Frankenstein's lately.  After the excitement of the hatch (Imagine me running through the office screaming "It's ALIVE!" while lightning bolts flash behind me), I began to worry about my chicken creation.  Several folks expressed surprise and the dark color, expecting more of fluffy yellow Easter candy look I thought, but it wasn't until my chicken partner kindly offered to step on it for me that I came down off my "I created life with technology" high and started to worry about the cuteness factor.  During those first 24 hours the poor thing lurched around on its curled up feet and frequently face dived into the floor for a nap.  She only kept one eye open most of the time and her fluff was thin and kind of stuck to her skin with dried goo.  Did you know chickens have belly buttons?  Me neither!  It's kind of gross looking when you can see it though.  I thought she chirped so much because she was lonely.
 
Thankfully, her looks have improved considerably.  She still has the funny duck feet, but she can walk, eat, drink, and see with both eyes.  She cute and fluffy and feel like I should bring her back to the office so everyone can see that I didn't create a monster. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...