Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Bring on the Nog!


Brandon asked me this morning if it felt like Christmas to me, yet.  It really does.  Yesterday was our office Christmas lunch, and funny gift giving and stealing game, and last Saturday was our family tree decorating party.  I'm firmly in the holiday spirit.  Bring on the nog, I'm ready!  


I took a day off work last Friday, wrapped all my gifts, and spent the evening with my parents preparing for the family to gather the next day.  I tricked my mother into vacuuming all the flies from the windows (Merry Christmas to me!), and we decorated with my collection of holiday bling.  I even wrapped a long red ribbon around one of the posts in the living room.  It doesn't look like a stripper pole, either...


The mantel shelf behind the dinning room table was decked out with cedar boughs and all the trimmings. The stockings were hung with care.  Santa has already filled Brandon's stocking, but mine is suspiciously empty.  


I had to throw the card board box that holds the artificial and pre-lighted tree in the trash, because it was stored on top of the goat shed, and a chicken used it as her nightly perch.  Thankfully the tree was fine once I shook off a few chicken droppings!  I had the tree set up and ready for my nieces and nephew to decorate.  It's become an annual tradition, to come to our house and decorate the tree while the adults enjoy a cup of cheer.  We popped some popcorn and made long strands of popcorn and cranberry garland.  This year my nephew was tall enough to reach the top of the tree!   


Mom was inspired to make some of these three dimensional paper snowflakes.  So pretty! 


Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...