Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Dog in the Pantry


A friend of mine has a new puppy.  It's adorable, with big eyes and ears tiny little baby teeth.  And it is so young it still has that cute puppy breath smell.  Unlike Puck, who has that old-dog breath smell!


Puck was trained to sleep in a crate when he was a puppy.  It wasn't long before he out grew his crate, and because he was so reliable (except for that time he chewed up Brandon's glasses!) we didn't worry about leaving him alone in the house when we were gone.  But, he was hooked on sleeping in a small space, and when he couldn't use his crate, he took over the bedroom closet and then the bathroom.  Now that we live at the little farm house, he has claimed the pantry as his room.  I resisted for a while, but eventually accepted it, and moved his bed to his favorite spot.  Now it's normal for me to stand on a fluffy dog bed with my feet on either side of a grumpy old dog while I'm searching for my ingredients.  My nephew told me that having a dog sleep in the pantry was "sort of unsanitary, but okay."  Ha!  


It's finally cold enough to have a real fire burning all evening long.  I appreciate the warmth almost as much as my senior pets! 


Max the cat is going to be twenty years old, which is ninety-six human years, according to an on-line source.  Puck is working on year fifteen, so he's nearly seventy-six in human years.   


Max and Puck both agree, at their age, they get to sleep where ever they want!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...