Friday, July 5, 2013

Taste the Rainbow


I have been getting some of my vegetable juice ingredients straight from the garden.  I'm getting kale, Swiss chard, and beets.  I haven't used much beet since I started drinking so much home made vegetable juice, but now that I'm picking a beet every morning, I'm getting plenty.  



This green juice is apple, celery, kale, chard, and parsley.  This one was particularly good because it has such nice green foam on the top.  I only get to enjoy the sweet apple-ly foam when it comes right out of the juicer, so I appreciate my breakfast juice because the ones I take to work for later will be foam-less.  




The amount of pigment in my beets is astonishing.  Since I've been juicing a beet in the morning for a few days now, I'm getting better at making it to work without pink splotches, but a little beet juice goes a long way!



The plastic container that catches the juice makes nice combinations of colors, but once I stir it the beet juice overpowers all the other colors and I get a pink juice.  This one, from the bottom up, is carrots, a beet, the leaves from one beet, oranges, a few celery, and residual green foam from the green juice I made first.  All the colors of skittles!  I mean, rainbows. 


It may not taste like candy, but tastes good.  Really!  Pay no attention to Jamie's expression, just admire the lovely ruby color of the juice... and hold your breath.  Joking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...