Thursday, January 31, 2013

Green House Kite

This little greenhouse was my gift from santa this year.  I think santa wanted all my seedlings out of his garage window, but he didn't know that the green house would fit perfectly on the pavers where he keeps used to keep his grill. 
Just for fun, I sprinked some lettuce seeds in some flower pots and after a week I had lots of little baby lettuce even though its been cold enough to kill everything growing in the ground.  I was just getting ready to thin them out and see if I could grow enough lettuce in the greenhouse for a few salads when there was a lettuce dissaster.  We had terrible wind Tuesday night.  The wind was so strong it woke us up in the middle of the night when we heard a big thump, followed by more, smaller thumps.  So, at three in the morning we were out in the yard in our pajamas trying to drag in the pieces of the green house before they blew out of the yard.  The plastic walls were like kites and very hard to carry in the wind.  The little baby lettuces were spilled.  The greenhouse is in shambles.  Santa thinks he can put it back together again, but I doubt it ever be the same. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...