Tuesday, December 16, 2014

June, Did You Make This?


As a chicken owner, daughter of chicken owner, and friend of a legit Chicken Farmer, it's embarrassing to have to buy eggs at the grocery store!  But, since my flock consists of one very old and molting hen, and one very young hen, and everyone else's flocks have reduced productivity too, I've found myself sheepishly hiding cartons of eggs in my shopping cart.  But, look what I found in the nest box this week!  Isn't it a cute little egg.  


I'm sure it was put in the next box by June, but when I asked her about it she looked at me like I was crazy.  Or maybe she looked at me like she was crazy... it's hard to know who is the strangest, the chicken or the person asking the chicken questions.  


June and Mrs. Hall are getting along very well right now.  As long a June lets Mrs. Hall lead the way, she seems to have been forgiven for being newer, younger, fluffier, shinier, and better able to lay eggs.  Underneath Mrs. Halls mean instincts is a good heart, I'm sure.


I can't wait to expand my flock.  One egg a week is not going to satisfy our egg habit! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...