Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pesto Plop Pizza Burrito


What to do when there is an abundance of tomatoes and basil pesto?  Have pesto, cheese, and tomato burritos with a side of bean and sea vegetable soup for lunch.  I'm quite pleased with this invention, as it's very easy to make and has lots of flavor.  Plus, if I put enough tomatoes on it, and focus on the healthy oil, walnuts, garlic, and basil in the pesto I can forgive myself the cheeses and flour tortilla.   


I've bragged before about the genius of the frozen pesto plop, and these are perfect for burritos.  In the picture above I just put a frozen plop on the cheese and put it in the microwave until the plop thaws out a bit.  Then I spread it around and nuked it a little more to get all the cheese melted.  Slice up some tomatoes, and wha-la - a pizza like burrito is born.  I'm sure it would be even better made in the oven or on the stove top, but it's hard to beat the convenience of the microwave, even if the tortilla doesn't get crispy.  I need to make more plops!

I quite enjoyed the bean and sea vegetable soup today too, but Brandon seemed less excited about it for dinner on day two.  He said it "wasn't making him gag or anything" but he wasn't sure he like it much because it was sort of slimy textured.  He's always a good sport for my crock pot creations, but I think if the only good thing he say about the soup is that it isn't making him gag, then it's not one of his favorites!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...