Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Power Connections


Most of the time when I'm admiring our expansive sky view, I try to ignore this pole.  I frame my photos so it doesn't mar the perfection of the clouds.    


As I was enjoying the in-coming storm clouds, and watching the flashes of atmospheric electricity lighting the sky in the distance, I looked at this leaning pole with it's mess of wires, and thought about the power that travels to us on those wires.  Coal is burning somewhere so we can have that power.


The power that allows Brandon to sit in the yard during a storm and look at his mobile technology!  I don't think about it that often, but we are actually physically connected to our neighbors.   


Can you see the wires that run over the swaying hay field all the way to our good neighbors house?  The birds use these wires as perches.  Kites are magically attracted to the wires. 


I'm trying not to view the pole as an eyesore or a symbol of dependence and atmospheric pollution.  I would like to feel gratitude for the pole, the connections that it allows, and the technology that it represents.    


After all, if I didn't have that pole, I couldn't show you these moody blue storm clouds, could I?  Thanks, ugly pole.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...