Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Roof - Fixed It!


There just no denying it - we bought a funny looking little house. The roofers just finished installing a metal roof.  The metal color I selected, from the one inch by half inch color swatches the roofer provided, was called "burnished slate."  Talk about pressure!  How was I supposed to know what a tiny little square of color is going to look like when it is roof sized?  And what if I chose something we didn't like?  It's not like I get a new roof every day.  Too much pressure! 

Brandon assures me that it looks fine. I haven't seen it yet, but he took the picture above when he went to inspect the final product.  I think having a new, tarp free roof that is mostly level, and all the same color, unlike the old roof, makes the rest of the house look even more crooked and dingy.  One step at the time though, and a new roof was a big step.  Staying dry is the most important thing.   


While Brandon had the picture open on his computer and we were discussing the... aesthetic challenges, I asked him to put some shutters on the photo using photoshop so we could see if that would add a little curb appeal.  While we were at it, and just for fun, we erased the TV antennas, colored the door, added some shrubs, and made the chimney smoke.  Wha-la! Fixed it with a click of the mouse!  Actually, we decided the house doesn't look any better in South Park than it does in real life.  I'm not enthused about the blue color he used, but I think some shutters and some landscaping is going to help give the house a face lift.  Not that anyone will see it but us (and you, of course). 


This is a picture of the tree in the front yard.  Look at those blooms!  Brandon said the honey bees were loving it.  I can't wait to see it.  So, instead of worrying about the ugly house, I'm going to focus on looking out the window to see the beautiful tree. 

4 comments:

Lino Kosters said...

Installing a new roof is a major decision. That's why you have to take your time before choosing what type of roof and color you are going to have. Also, your roof will affect the overall look of your house. Consider everything first before making a decision about your roof. I'm sure you'll be able to land on the best decision soon.

Conner Spear said...

I'd rather describe your house as uniquely cute instead of funny. :) Like what you've said, it's not every day that you get the chance to have new roof. That's why you have to take your time before making a decision – from the type of roof, shingles, color, and most especially the roofing contractor.

rain said...

Two comments from roof contractors! Blogs are strange. I guess every little but of marketing helps, but I think my mom already has a good roof, so I'm not sure if you will get much traffic from this blog. Where were you guys when I was trying to decide which roof to get? I should post about things before I do them so I can get blog buddies with some needed skills.

Ferdinand said...

This is a great little building, but you have to consider your roofing options carefully. Getting a new roof can really transform the look of your home, so look around for the best deals and contractors. If you know any roofers, consider hiring them. You would want a roofer who is both honest and trustworthy.

Ferdinand @ CCR and D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...