Monday, November 27, 2017

I'm Into Cats


Someone came by my office and asked me if I wanted a stray kitten.  I said no.  They said it was the cutest little kitten and it needed a home.  I said no, again, and I must have been very firm with my answer, because then they asked "So, are you just not into cats?" 


Ha!  I was asked this on the same day that I nearly filled my phone with pictures of my cats. I'm definitely into cats.  Three cats is plenty of cats.  


I've been working on my official crazy cat lady status since I was a kid.  But these days, I even have cats climbing my ceilings!


Leaving the ceiling beams in our upstairs exposed changed the room from a closed-in tight space into something interesting and open, but it also added a unexpected bonus. 


The cats can leap from beam to beam, entertaining us with their acrobatics!
 

Newt, our adventuresome calico girl, is really the most agile climber.  She likes to surprise me by jumping down from above when I'm not paying attention.  Ditto, my sleek but timid boy, is more comfortable when he has all his feet on the ground.  

 
Isn't he beautiful?  I think so, but then again, I'm into cats. 

2 comments:

donny walrus said...

Those beams are perfect for cats! How do they get up there? Do they leap down on your sleeping form? They will, I'm sure.

rain said...

Newt can leap from the bed to the beams, although the fatter she gets the hard it is for her to scramble up there. They haven't landed on us yet, but I'm sure they will!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...