Monday, October 27, 2014

Blue Bus Goes Feral in the Sunlight


Brandon and I finally spent a few hours at our blue bus in the woods last week.  I miss the bus.  I know that someday, when we have the farm house put back together, and get some of our favorite farm projects under way, we will come back to lazy days playing at the bus, chopping firewood, swinging in hammocks, cooking on the campfire, and watching wildlife, but right now I'm just glad to know that the bus is waiting for us should we decide to visit it.  


Our trail through the woods to the bus is nearly reverted back to it's wild state, and has small trees and vines growing throughout.  This doesn't bother me though, since I know that most folks don't like blazing new trails through snake and spider habitat, so the blue bus is protected from vandals by it's isolation.  I've always thought the bus looked like it has personality, and now that the leaves are falling to coat the top and hood of the bus, and algae is turning the paint blueish green, I think it's getting a feral glint in it's eyes, like the flying car from the Harry Potter stories, that lives wild in the forbidden forest.  


I took the photo above through the hazy back window while I waited for Brandon to find the door key.  Now that the forest canopy isn't so thick, I love the way the sunlight shines in the windows and makes the couch look very inviting for a nap.  We always joke that this is our favorite thing about the bus - it's the perfect place to take a nap, and Brandon in particular never misses a chance!  It's something about the quite sounds of the forest, I think, and the relaxing feeling that comes when sitting in the bus and watching the leaves sway in the wind and the light dance on the trees, and realizing there's nothing that has to be done, it's all just for fun, so what's the hurry.  Why not take a nap?


The photo above was taken looking up while I stood on the back deck.  The leaves were green and gold and shimmered in the sunlight.  Some of the most beautiful trees are the large sugar maples.  I always tell myself that I'm going to tap the sugar maple trees during the late winter, and make some maple syrup  But, I always take a nap instead.    


Puck is standing next to a fallen dead tree, which I expected to come down someday, and was very worried would come down on top of the bus.  Thank goodness it didn't.  Instead of lamenting broken windows and crumpled metal, I was excited to have firewood delivered right where we can use it.  I hope we are always so lucky.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...