Thursday, May 24, 2018

Iris, Pool, Goat Pee, Cats


The iris are finished blooming, and I feel like I barely got to spend any quality time with them before they were finished with their flowers. 


Our annual farm firefly party is this Sunday! Whoop!  Each year it gets easier to plan.  I've been catching up on laundry and tending the swimming pool, which is sparkling clear and blue.  We put a black cover over the pool when we closed it last fall, and it prevented algae from growing in the pool over the winter.  Opening the pool this year was so much better than last year, when the water was nearly black with algae and I had to go to battle with chemicals and the vacuum.  I'm so pleased with the way we were able to sink the pool into the landscape.  It reminds me of a pond nestled in the grass.  


Every summer, Brandon extends his yard mowing boundary.  If it were up to me to mow, we would have a yard of wild brush, I'm sure, but with Brandon behind the blade, our yard looks more and more hospitable all the time.  

We moved all the boy goats to the pig fence, behind the garden, and let Peaches and the baby have the big pasture.  The donkeys are grazing what used to be the goat pasture.  The goats had a day of crying and stress when they were separated, but now that they have calmed down, it's much nicer for me to work with my girl goats without getting jumped on or peed on.  I gave Little Buck a head scratch the other day and he responded by pissing all over my legs! Yuck!  I think he may be growing up, after all.    


Ditto Cat would never do such a thing.  


It looks like Newt Kitty is ready for a summer diet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...