Thursday, January 4, 2018

In the Glow


Brandon is on his way back from New York early, due to the blizzard that is hitting the city right now.  He was able to see everything and meet with the people on the top of his list, despite having to make a run for it to avoid the snow.  The last I heard, the roads were closed in the city and it was still snowing.  

I know I'm supposed to feel bad for being left behind in this frigid weather, but I couldn't help but enjoy myself the past few days. In the evenings I stoke the fire, turn out the lights, and roll out my yoga mat in the glow of the Christmas tree and firelight.  


I have also been enjoying my new essential oil diffuser.  It was a gift to me, and makes soothing smells and pretty lights.  


I have a fuzzy electric blanket that the cats and I enjoy in the TV room.  So, despite the cold house (the temperature in the kitchen was 48 degrees this morning!), I have warm places to go.  I did not miss pounding the cold pavement in New York. 


I won't mind a break from the freezing temperatures though.  I found one of my old white hens dead in the chicken coop yesterday.  Little Buck gave me a fright this morning, when he didn't emerge from the barn to eat with the rest of the herd.  I think he was just enjoying his warm nest in the hay, but the goats are normally anxious for their breakfast.  


Wendigo follows me around bumping my backside with a squeaky toy, enticing me to play, so I think she's handling the cold just fine.  

I'm fantasizing about a complete garden overhaul.  I'm rethinking the fence, the layout, terracing... all that stuff.  I'm ready for a big project, and I want a design challenge.  I keep dreaming up additions and alterations we could make to the house (warm ones!), but we don't need to act on those just yet.  The garden though, could really use some attention so we can increase our production.  I'm about to break out the measuring tape and scrounge up some graph paper!  

2 comments:

Donny Walrus said...

Love the glow photo with the cat looking at the fire! Perfect.

rain said...

Thanks Donny, I really liked that one too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...