Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aaawwww....!


I can't help it, I have to share these pictures.  These kittens are just too cute to contain! 


The little mostly black faced kitten in the front of the box has a super cute little snub nosed face.  He doesn't get handled as much by the kids because he blends in with the furry box lining. 


The momma cat is so patient, not just with the kittens but with little kids, and big kids like me, who want to hold them.  She allows it, and when you are finished you can just hand the kitten to her and she will carry it back to the box.  Actually, sometimes she decides you are finished before you do and just comes to get the kitten.  Mothers know best, right?
 

The two black and white kittens are preferred by my nieces and they seem to be the most friendly and curious.  Personally, I like the calico kitten, even though I have a calico cat with a terrible personality.  I must like terrible cats.  We have a saying at our house about Attila, my 14 year old calico.  It usually goes like this: 

"Who knocked this over?  Attila! Aah!  She's THE WORST!"
or, "Stop nagging me for food, Attila!  Jeez, she's the worst!"
or "Let me sit down, Attila, stop growling at me.  I live here too.  Don't you swipe at me!  You are the worst!"
or " Eeww, gross, Attila drooled all over me, blech, she's the worst"
or "Is this cat hair in the clean laundry basket?  Attila!  She. Is. The. Worst."
or, from past visitors "Man, that cat is fat.  You can see her skin through her hair she's so fat, and why is she staring at me and growling?"  our answer "Just don't make eye contact, or touch her.  She's the worst". 


The picture above is Attila when she was younger.  I've been asked, why do you keep at cat like that? Well, it just proves that love is blind. She might be the worst, but she has big personality, and when she's not trying to eat me, she loves me right back. Unfortunately, her love comes with lots of drool. Yeah, she's the worst.




2 comments:

Felicia said...

Ohhh, poor misunderstood Atilla.

rain said...

Yes, she is misunderstood. The truth is that she is irritating and grumpy because she cares. At least that's what I have told myself for the last 14 years of taking her abuse. Poor Tilla.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...