Saturday, October 31, 2020

Spiders, Snakes, Mud, and Mold - Oh My!

Time to retrieve spaghetti squash from the scary root cellar, Rain.  But what about spider webs?!  I could walk right through a giant spider web and get a spider in my hair!  Ack!  Don't be a ninny, Rain, you've walked through spider webs before and it didn't kill you. Do it!

Okay, I'm down the steps.  But what about snakes?!  The last time I was in here there was a snake on the stairs!  And what is that on that box over there!?  A snake skin!? It's huge! Oh nooo!!!!  Wait a minute - you are not afraid of black snakes, Rain.  They don't even have legs. Are you going to run from something without legs.  You might as well be afraid of worms.  Rain, are you afraid of worms?   

No, you're right, Rain. I'm going in. Oh my gosh, look at all that mud!  Why is the floor so muddy?  Its that horrible orange clay mud, too, that stains shoes forever.  The squash are way over there.  My shoes will be ruined!  Rain, it's just mud.  Jeeze.

Fine, I'm doing it.  Eeek!  That creepy lady sculpture is freaking me out!  What if the door blows shut, and I'm trapped down here in the dark with her FOREVER?!?  Really, Rain?  Just calm down and grab the squash, okay? Okay. 

 

Eewww, that squash is all moldy and leaking brown juice on everything.  If I disturb the mold, I'll be inhaling mold spores, mixed with dead spider spores, and snake skin spores and mud and ...is there even any air in here... I CAN'T BREATH!!!  RUN!!    

Happy Halloween Rain, you scared yourself silly.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...