Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lips, Nose, and a Strawberry Patch


Does Wendigo look like the big, bad wolf in this picture?  Now that it's warming up, you can find Wendi sleeping in the shade under the truck most of the time.  She has to sleep all day because she stays up at night barking at the coyotes.  I hope they think she looks like a scary wolf. 


Do you think I should name this little girl Lips? 


And this one Nose?  Lips and Nose may be the cutest babies yet! 


Peaches' babies are hardly babies any more!  I guess they are kids now, huh?  Little Newnoo is an escape artist.  She squeezes through the gate, and if I pick her up to put her back in the fence, I have to careful that she doesn't bang me with her head which has two tiny pointed horns.  


Nibs is starting to act like a boy goat - pushy.  He paws at my legs within his hooves, and rubs his head and horns on me. 


He chews on my clothes too.  It's a good thing I think he's beautiful so he's easy to forgive. 


The beans are growing!  I have a whole row of tiny plants. 


Do you remember the strawberry plants I hastily planted last spring?  I was sure I planted them in the exact wrong place and that they were killed through weeds and neglect.  Not so!  There are about twenty plants, all looking strong and blooming. 


I think that's enough plants to claim a strawberry patch, right?   I have a strawberry patch!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...