Friday, September 15, 2017

Back from Vacation


I'm baaaack!  I'm home from vacation.  I traveled with my parents and my aunt all the way the shores of Lake Erie, where we set up camp at East Harbor State Park.  We are getting to be experts at camping.  We travel with some of the comforts of home packed into my parents camper.  My tent was very comfortable too, and this time, I felt I had plenty of room for myself and all my gear. I wonder what was so different this time?  I know - it's because I wasn't sharing a tiny tent with a giant Brandon!  


It was too cold for swimming, but the perfect temperature for hiking, touring, biking, and enjoying our nightly campfire.  And eating, of course.  We cooked delicious campers breakfasts in the mornings, with enough leftover bacon for picnic BLT sandwiches for lunch.  


We rode the ferry to Kelly's Island, and joined the other weekend tourists enjoying drinks on the balconies and seeing the sights.  One of the sights was these large groves carved in rocks by glaciers nearly twenty-five thousand years ago.  They were some very groovy rocks.  


We saw a picturesque lighthouse under deep blue skies, with sailboats on the water, children scampering on the rocks, and a lovely couple taking their wedding photos at the base.  


Sunrise over the lake was beautiful.  The sun was a brilliant orange ball that swiftly rose from the water into the pink sky. 


We rented a bike!  It's been years and years since most of us had ridden a bike, and I was nervous we would end up bruised and bleeding.  Luckily, riding a bike is just like riding a bike - you don't really forget how to do it. 


Weeeeee!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...